For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord;
and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake. II Corinthians 4:5
Please take a minute and pray for the Applebys.
Thank you, faithful pastors, supporting churches, and praying friends! We do not take lightly your friendship in the work of our Lord or the responsibility that lies on us to fulfill His calling on our lives. We are confident that God has promised that each of us will share in the inheritance of souls with our Savior. (Psalm 2:8) How amazing that He takes our faith and lives of simple obedience and enables all of us to bear fruit for His glory!
On October 3, we began an extended road trip of nearly 10,000 miles that took us through 20 states before we arrived back in Florida. God gave us great meetings in deputation (pre-field) ministry throughout the Northwest where He provided multiple opportunities to share the vision of His Great Commission in Sunday Schools, church services, mission conferences, and prayer meetings. While on the road, we were also able to share the Gospel with strangers in hotels, restaurants, and even in rest areas! We are thankful for each unmistakable opportunity God gave us to be a witness and to give the printed and spoken Gospel to others What a blessing to know that God orchestrated each circumstance! One such encounter with a Muslim man in Portland, OR, comes to mind. Though he could not communicate well with us, he said that he understood written English and was willing to take a copy of the New Testament and a Gospel Tract. Please continue to pray that the Light of the glorious Gospel will pierce the darkness of his heart and the hearts of many others who willingly received a gospel witness. Join with us in praying that the Holy Spirit will have liberty to bring each of these to saving faith in Christ.
Upon our return from the Northwest, God opened doors for us to share the burden and vision of TWIM/WOTW in churches in GA, SC, and NC. We also partnered with our home church, Grace Baptist Church in Baldwin, FL in ministering to those in the Panhandle who lost so much during Hurricane Michael. It was a joy to share the Gospel and provide meals for hundreds of displaced residents. Two teams also provided help to families clearing trees and debris. We praise the Lord that the months of October, November, and December were filled with opportunities to serve Him in both public and private places. Lord willing, a year-in-review summary for the last year will be forthcoming in January 2019.
In November, we joined our family and celebrated the wedding of our son, Brandon, and his precious bride, Katie. We praise the Lord for His plan for their lives in world-wide evangelism.
If Jesus tarries, there is much to do for His sake. How we long to reach more souls in Central America, Europe, and Southeast Asia in 2019.
Pleases continue to pray as we continue the raising of our prayer and financial support and make preparations for those opportunities.
Meet Me at The Well!
Thank you for being part of the support family of TWIM & WOTW. Please visit our website (twim.org) regularly for updates. (Exciting announcements are coming in the next newsletter! Don’t miss it!) We also ask that you consider telling your pastor, friends, and family about what God is doing for His Glory!
– Larry & Patti Appleby
Magnifying our Lord Jesus Christ abroad and at home.
- Central America
- Middle East
The Well International Ministries exists to:
- Magnify our Lord Jesus Christ so that many may come to know Him and make Him known.
- Mobilize His Church through worldwide mission teams.
- Maximize His Harvest by strengthening stateside churches (through the equipping of men and women for avenues of ministry within their local church).
These objectives are accomplished through three strategic areas of ministries:
1. International ministries through worldwide mission teams
- Leading evangelistic mission teams.
- Partnering with veteran missionaries
- Equipping national pastors and their wives
- Training leadership for church plants
- Distributing Bibles and discipleship material through churches, Bible institutes, orphanages, and prisons
2. Stateside ministries through local churches
- Mission conferences and revivals
- Pulpit supply
- Family VBS and camps
- Couples retreats
- Ladies’ meetings
- TWIM Annual prayer retreat
3. Student ministries – Students One6teen (Romans 1:16)
- Stateside ministry to teens with focus on living on mission.
- Ministries to international students on US college and university campuses